(1) These General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter “GTCs”) shall apply to the contractual relationship between the Expert in the fields of hydrogen, fuel cells, battery technology and electric mobility, and Expertology KG, Torgauer Straße 78, 04318 Leipzig, Germany.
(2) Deviating or complementary GTCs of the Expert shall not be recognized.
(3) Expertology reserves the right to modify these GTCs. The Expert shall be given notice of such changes six weeks in advance. The Expert may object to the changed GTCs in writing within this term (e.g. via e-mail). If such objection is not received within the term, the new GTCs shall form an integral part of the contractual relationship. If the objection is duly received, the old GTCs shall continue to apply. Expertology shall notify the Expert of the legal consequences of their decision, in particular when the term for objection begins.
(1) At www.expertology.de (hereinafter “website”), Expertology offers a portal where Experts in the fields of hydrogen, fuel cells, battery technology and electric mobility may create a profile that offers curriculum vitae, qualifications and contact details to potential clients.
(2) The Expert must sign up on the website to create a profile. Signing up is free of charge for the Expert.
(3) Expertology merely provides a platform and has no duty to provide or ensure the success of agency services.
(4) Expertology may modify the services offered on the website or offer deviating services to a degree reasonable for the Expert.
(5) Expertology is committed to making the website accessible at all times. Due to necessary maintenance and technical failures without fault on Expertology’s part, however, access without interruption cannot be guaranteed. The Expert acknowledges that the contractually agreed accessibility is a monthly mean of 98%.
(1) The Expert must create their profile using their real name. They shall provide only contents that are neither untrue nor misleading.
(2) If the Expert uploads a profile image, it shall show the Expert only. The Expert shall ensure that the public display of their profile image on the website does not violate any legal provisions or third parties’ rights.
(3) Likewise, content provided by the Expert shall not violate any legal provisions or third parties’ rights. This shall particularly apply to any third parties’ copyrights or trade mark rights.
(1) The contractual relationship may be terminated at any time without giving reasons.
(2) If a third party alleges that a profile violates third parties’ rights or legal provisions and if this is not obviously untrue, Expertology will request a comment from the Expert within an appropriate term. If no comment is forthcoming or if the Expert cannot disprove the alleged violations of rights or legal provisions, Expertology shall be entitled to delete the Expert’s profile.
(1) Expertology shall have unlimited liability
(2) In the event of a negligent infringement of an obligation which is essential for the fulfilment of the purpose of the contract (cardinal duty), Expertology’s liability shall be limited to the extent of the damage predictable and typical for the type of transaction in question.
(3) Expertology shall have no further liability.
(4) This limitation of liability shall also apply to the personal liability of employees, representatives and organs of Expertology.
(1) The contractual relationship shall be governed by German law but excluding private international law and the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) incorporated into German law.
(2) If the Expert operates a business within the terms of the Handelsgesetzbuch [German Commercial Code], the place of jurisdiction shall be Leipzig, Germany.